Free CSS Navigation Menu Designs 2 at


In 1761 Hyderali rebuilt the fort with stone. It was the stronghold of Hyderali and Tipu Sultan. In 1807 the British shifted their cantonment from Srirangapatnam to Bangalore.
Mysore State was acceded to the Indian Union in 1947 with Bangalore  as its capital. In June 2005 Srikantadatta Narasimharaja Wodeyar decided to open the palace to the public to meet its Rs 20 lakh annual upkeep costs.

Bangalore Palace

During one of his hunting bouts, which was his favourite past time, Kempe Gowda was surprised to see a hare chase his dog and thus named the place as "gandu bhoomi" (heroic place). Kempe Gowda I, who was in charge of Yelahanka, built a mud fort in 1537 and with the help of King Achutaraya, built the little towns of Balepet, Cottonpet and Chickpet, all inside the fort. Today, these little areas serve as the major wholesale and commercial market places in the city.


The first train was flagged out of the city in 1859 and five years later in 1864, the lovely Cubbon Park was built by Sankey. The end of the century saw the building of Attara Kacheri and the Bangalore Palace.  The Wodeyars then built the famous Lal Bagh in 1759, one of Bangalore's most beautifully laid out gardens.

Cubbon Park

This factor along with the mild, balanced, affectionate, hospitable people of Bangalore
called the 'Kannadigas' has attracted people from all over the country as well as the world. So a peaceful city also called as a 'Pensioners paradise' in the 50's is fast transforming into the 'Silicon Valley of India' with almost all Computer related multinationals setting up their Indian head office at Bangalore.


| Home  | About Bangalore | History |Important places | How to Reach | Where to stay | Tourist Info | Online Enquiry | Contact Us  |

Our Group Portals

| | | | |

 | | | | |

 | | | | ||

No.28, East Jones Road, Saidapet, Chennai-15. Ph: 044-2433 1068, Mobile : 98402 79047, Email:

Powered By : J B Soft System, Chennai-15